~ COMPETITION RULES ~
1. All bands, consisting of two or more people, need to prepare an 8 minute or less set. A set includes two songs. For the 2015 competition, the songs may be original or any song of your choice as long as it meets the following requirements: No vulgarities, profanities, lewd comments, racist remarks, violence, sexual content, etc.
2. You must provide your own instruments, amplifiers, keyboards, cables, etc. House speakers and microphones will be provided.
3. Please wear clean and modest clothing. All clothing must remain on during your performance. No masks or face painting.
4. For the Middle School Division, at least 70% of your band must be junior high age. If your band consists of three members, 2 out of 3 must be in middle school. Middle School age is defined as someone in 7-9 grades and summer after 9th grade, or has not entered 10th grade.
5. For the High school Division, at least 70% of your band must be high school age. If your band consists of three members, 2 out of 3 must be in high school. High School age is defined as someone in 10-12 grades, including the summer after graduation.
6. Band members are only allowed to be in one band.
7. All kinds of bands are eligible (rock bands, jazz bands, country, etc.)
8. A limited amount of bands will be accepted at the discretion of Bluffdale Battle of the Band officials. This competition is open to all, whether a Bluffdale citizen or not. Each band must completely fill out required forms ONLINE, including media release form. One for each band member by deadline date to be considered. For the 2015 competition, no demo recording is needed.
9. Bluffdale wants to provide a safe, wholesome, family oriented and fun atmosphere where musicians can perform. We expect entrants to show consideration and good sportsmanship to other contestants and guests viewing the competition.
10. Not following the above rules may result in your band to be disqualified from the Bluffdale BOB competition and from receiving any prize or prize monies. The decision of disqualification will be at the discretion of Bluffdale Battle of the Bands officials.
11. There will be no contesting of the winners. Judges will have the final word. Click here for judging criteria.
12. Good luck and have fun!